Saturday 11 October 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to When I Think Of You by Janet Jackson.
In UK Don't Leave Me This Way by The Communards was in the top 5 hits.
The Color of Money, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1986!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1986 ?
- Norm Cash: 1st baseman (Detroit Tigers), dies at 51.
- Reagan and Gorbachev open talks at a summit in Reykjavik, Iceland
- US President Ronald Reagan and Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev open talks at a summit in Reykjavik, Iceland, to continue discussions about scaling back their intermediate missile arsenals in Europe (the talks break down in failure).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Janet Jackson - When I Think Of You
- Glass Tiger - Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)
- Stacey Q - Two Of Hearts
- Genesis - Throwing It All Away
- Tina Turner - Typical Male
- Huey Lewis & The News - Stuck With You
- Don Johnson - Heartbeat
- Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson - Friends And Lovers
- Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
- Daryl Hall - Dreamtime
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?