Saturday 11 October 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, directed by Marcus Nispel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Ultimate Weight Solution by Phillip C. McGraw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 2003!
Which were the important events of 11 October 2003 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 October
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Israeli troops pull back in Gaza. Israel will continue to demolish tunnels. The Israeli army states it discovers three tunnels in the camp, but no weapons have been found. A Palestinian teenager is shot dead and up to 10 homes were demolished and water and electricity facilities were hit. Palestinian militants were seeking to smuggle from Egypt shoulder-fired missiles that could be used against tanks, helicopters, and fighter jets.
- Endangered species: President George W. Bush proposes a change in United States Fish and Wildlife Service regulations which would allow American citizens to travel abroad to capture, kill, and import endangered species. The regulation would not allow Americans to do the same to endangered species inside the United States.
- Middle East: German magazine ''Der Spiegel'' reports that Israel is preparing an attack on Iranian atomic plants.
- Occupation of Iraq: The Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC), a grouping of Muslim nations meeting in Malaysia, calls on the US to quit Iraq as soon as possible and to hand over to the UN the OIC also pledges support to Syria.
- Japanese Politics: The House of Representatives of the Diet of Japan is dissolved by the Prime Minister Koizumi Junichiro and the election will take place on November 9, 2003. See Japan general election, 2003 for more.
- The Spanish rail company RENFE opens its second AVE high-speed line, serving Madrid, Guadalajara, Calatayud, Zaragoza, and Lleida. It is expected to reach Barcelona by 2005. (Another line is being built from Madrid to Valladolid, and others to Valencia and Lisbon are planned.)
- During the ALCS, after a series of tense moments, Pedro Martínez of the Boston Red Sox moved toward New York Yankees pitcher Roger Clemens resulting in a bench clearing brawl that included 74 year old Don Zimmer of the Yankees charging and being thrown to the ground by Martinez.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?