Wednesday 11 October 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Prestige, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 11 October 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 October
- Cory Lidle: American athlete, a pro baseball player (a pitcher) and fraternal twin who crashed his plane into a New York high-rise building in October 11, 2006.
- New York Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle is killed (born 1972), along with his flight instructor, when his plane crashes into a building in New York City's Upper East Side.
- Minutes from the United States Federal Reserve meeting held on September 20 predict a ampquotmodestly better inflation outlookampquot due to a softening economy and lower energy prices. The Federal Reserve held interest rates steady. (Fox News)
- Iraq War:
- An estimated 655,000 Iraqis have died since 2003 who might still be alive but for the US-led invasion, according to a survey by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The study is in dispute though since The Iraqi Ministry of Health places the death toll at 50,000. (Reuters)
- Twelve people have died following a train crash at Zoufftgen in north-east France, near the Luxembourg border. (BBC)
- 2006 North Korean nuclear testing
- A North Korean official stationed in Beijing tells the Yonhap news agency that ampquotIf all out sanctions are implemented, we will take it as a declaration of warampquot. (News Limited)
- Kim Yong-nam, North Korea's number two leader, tells the Japanese news agency Kyodo that North Korea will have no choice but to take physical steps if the United States continues to adopt a hostile attitude towards it. (AFP via ABC Australia)
- A United Nations report declares that abuse of children is ampquotwidespread and toleratedampquot in many parts of the world. A separate report by charity Save the Children states that more than a million children around the world are in prison. (BBC)
- In Melbourne, Australia, the Eureka Tower residential building is officially opened. At 297.5m (976ft), the structure is the second tallest skyscraper in the Southern Hemisphere, and the second tallest residential building in the world.
- In the International Space Station Gyro Failures may spell doom if focus of next Shuttle mission is not changed.
- In New York, It is officially declared ampquotFinal Fantasy XIIampquot day.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?