Saturday 11 October 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, directed by Mark Herman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Brisingr by Christopher Paolini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Review with Myles Barlow.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 428: Fūsa Sareta Shibuya de or Armored Brigade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 11 October 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 October
- Former South African President Thabo Mbeki will mediate between the Movement for Democratic Change and Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe's government after Mugabe takes control of ministries that command the military and the police, an action that allegedly violates the power-sharing agreement reached last month. (AFP via Yahoo News)
- The U.S. State Department removes North Korea from its list of sponsors of terrorism. (BBC News)
- An earthquake struck southern Russia with tremors felt across five Russian regions. The epicentre was in Chechnya, with 12 dead. (Russia Today)
- 2008 Pacific hurricane season: Hurricane Norbert reaches Category 3 strength as it nears Baja California in Mexico. (Canadian Press via Google News)
- Turkey bombs Kurdish military targets in northern Iraq. (Voice of America)
- Malaysia's opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim says he expects to seize power by December by winning over defectors of the ruling Barisan Nasional government. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
- Singapore Police Commissioner Khoo Boon Hui is elected the new president of Interpol. (Channel NewsAsia)
- European Union monitors in Georgia confirm that Russia has met the withdrawal deadline. (Irish Times)
- Extrajudicial killings in the Philippines decrease as noted by the Commission on Human Rights. (Inquirer).
- The University of Toledo's Rockets stunned the Michigan Wolverines 13-10 at the Big House, in the first ever match up between the two schools, only fifty miles apart.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 October 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?