Sunday 11 October 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Couples Retreat, directed by Peter Billingsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 11 October 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 October
- Veronika Neugebauer: German actress and voice actress (Born 1969).
- Luis Armando Pena Soltren, a suspect wanted for the 1968 hijacking of Pan Am Flight 281, is captured after more than 40 years. (CNN)
- Thousands of people attend the state funeral of Arturo ampquotZamboampquot Cavero in Lima, Peru. President Alan García posthumously awards him the Order of the Sun. (BBC)
- Mayoral, regional and district council elections take place in Moscow and 75 other regions across Russia. (BBC)
- An Irish priest, Michael Sinnot, is seized from a convent and taken away in a motorboat by gunmen in Pagadian City, Mindanao in the southern Philippines. (''Miami Herald'')
- At least 10 people die and seven are declared missing in a river ferry sinking on the Mekong in Kratié Province, Cambodia. (Al Jazeera)
- Pope Benedict XVI canonizes five new saints: Father Damien, Rafael Arnáiz Barón, Zygmunt Szczęsny Feliński, Francisco Coll Guitart, and Jeanne Jugan. (''Times of India'')
- A spate of car bombings kills 19 people and wounds dozens in the western Iraqi city of Ramadi, in Anbar province. (MSNBC)
- Pakistani commandos storm an office building and rescue 39 people taken hostage by suspected Taliban militants after an attack on the army's headquarters in the city of Rawalpindi. (Reuters)
- The Irish National Liberation Army (INLA) announces an end to violence in Northern Ireland. (ABC News)
- Joseph,C and Alice,S Officially together
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 October 2009 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?