Monday 11 October 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 October 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 October
- A Telugu Desam leader is murdered in broad daylight in a restaurant near Srikantam circle in Anantapur, India. (Deccan Chronicle)
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai confirms holding unofficial talks with Taliban ampquotfor quite some timeampquot in order to end the nine-year war. (Xinhua)
- Six Taliban fighters including shadowy district governor are killed in separate operations in western Herat province. (PLA)
- Two Indians are killed in a missile attack launched by the Taliban on an Indian NGO's office in Afghanistan's Kunar province. (''Deccan Chronicle'')
- The Indian Army says that nearly 40 militants have been killed by security forces during 25 infiltration attempts in Indian-controlled Kashmir from across the border in the last two months. (China Daily)
- ''The Hobbit'' is set to be most expensive movie ever. The New Zealand company, Wingnut Films, is waiting for the green light for its planned adaptation. (NZ Herald)
- British pop singer George Michael is released from a Suffolk prison after serving 4 weeks for driving while under the influence of cannabis. (Sky News)
- Australian opera singer Dame Joan Sutherland dies in Switzerland after a lengthy illness. (Swissinfo.ch)
- Economists Peter A. Diamond, Dale T. Mortensen and Christopher A. Pissarides win the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for their work in labor market analysis. (AP via Fox News)
- Microsoft launches Windows Phone devices. (C-Net)
- 18 people are killed when a bus falls into a river in Bulandshahr district, Uttar Pradesh, India. (Zeenews)
- The death toll from flooding in Indonesia reaches 145 with West Papua most heavily affected. (''Jakarta Post'')
- 2010 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Storm Paula forms near Honduras and is expected to become a hurricane by Tuesday. (AP)
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says that he will extend the settlement freeze if the Palestinian leadership recognizes Israel as a Jewish state. The Palestinians quickly reject the offer. (AFP via Google News)
- Liu Xiaobo:
- China cancels a meeting with Norwegian Minister of Fisheries and Coastal Affairs Lisbeth Berg-Hansen after the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded to him. (Reuters)
- Xiaobo's lawyer confirms that his wife Liu Xia is under house arrest in Beijing. (CNN)
- The United Arab Emirates closes its airspace to Canada's Defence Minister Peter MacKay over a growing dispute over aviation rights. (CBC)
- Greek Police officer Epaminondas Korkoneas is convicted of the culpable homicide of teenager Alexandros Grigoropoulos which sparked the 2008 Greek riots. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 October 2010 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?