Tuesday 11 September 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henderson Forsythe and Jessica Lucy Mitford.
The Seven Pearls, directed by Louis J. Gasnier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1917!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1917 ?
- Henderson Forsythe: Macon, Missouri -- Actor (Crisis at Central High).
- Jessica Lucy Mitford: Author (American Way of Death).
- Ferdinand Marcos: Filipino politician who was elected President in 1965.
- Jessica Mitford: British writer, sometimes referred to as "Queen of the Muckrakers," and best known for skewering in print businesses ranging from funeral homes to fat farms.
- Daniel Wildenstein: French art tycoon, third in a family dynasty of art dealers who had a great taste for French 18th century works and Impressionist painters; known as the undisputed expert for such painters as Fragonard, Manet or Monet.
- Pierre Engel: France Military man
- Georges Delatre: Fry physician
- Donald Blakeslee: American World War II aviator (Born 1917)
- Herbert Lom: Czech-born English actor (d. 2012)
- Georges Guynemer: French military pilot, a Major of the famous "Storks" squadron.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Waltz of the Hours - Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- Joan of Arc - Henry Burr
- For Your Country and My Country - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?