Wednesday 11 September 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Return of Peter Grimm, directed by George Nichols Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1935!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1935 ?
- Gunnar Olsson: Swedish geographer, university professor and author of various books.
- Arvo Pärt: Estonian composer.
- Gherman Titov: Russian general pilot and astronaut (d. 2000).
- Jacques Gaillot: French Catholic clergyman and social activist.
- Bjørg Vik: Norwegian novelist, short story writer, playwright, and journalist.
- David Starkweather: Madison Writer
- Arvo Part: Composer
- Gherman Stepanovich Titov: USSR -- Cosmonaut (Vostok II)
- Gerome Ragni: American actor, writer and co-writer of musicals, including "Hair" (with Jim Rado). His family was large; he had five sisters and two brothers. After graduation from Georgetown University and University of America, he studied acting, his first love. He had acted in high school and wanted to turn it into a career. .
- Charles Norris: American medical examiner (Born 1867).
- 49th US Womens Tennis: H H Jacobs beats Sarah H Palfrey Fabyan (62 64)
- US captures Davis Cup for 7th straight year.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?