Wednesday 11 September 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Westerner, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1940 ?
- Brian De Palma: American film director, screenwriter, and producer, one of the hot-shot young directors of the '70s along with Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, and George Lucas.
- Nông Mạnh: Vietnamese politician.
- Thomas McCraw: American historian and author (d. 2012).
- Theodore Olson: American lawyer and politician United States Solicitor General.
- Robert Palmer: American businessman co-founded Mostek.
- 54th Postmaster General: Frank C Walker of Pa takes office
- Anton Mussert establishes Dutch SS
- Buckingham Palace in London destroyed by German bombs
- George Stibitz performs the first remote operation of a computer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 September 1940 and get them!