Wednesday 11 September 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernie Dwyer and Nong Duc Manh.
The Westerner, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1940 ?
- Bernie Dwyer: Rock drummer (Freddie & The Dreamers).
- Nong Duc Manh: Vietnamese politician.
- Brian De Palma: American film director, screenwriter, and producer, one of the hot-shot young directors of the '70s along with Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, and George Lucas.
- Nông Mạnh: Vietnamese politician.
- Thomas McCraw: American historian and author (d. 2012).
- Theodore Olson: American lawyer and politician United States Solicitor General
- Robert Palmer: American businessman co-founded Mostek
- 54th Postmaster General: Frank C Walker of Pa takes office
- Anton Mussert establishes Dutch SS
- Buckingham Palace in London destroyed by German bombs
- George Stibitz performs the first remote operation of a computer.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 September 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?