Monday 11 September 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1950 ?
- Yigal Bashan: Israeli Singer-Songwriter.
- Anne Dell: Australian biochemist and academic.
- Bruce Doull: Australian rules footballer.
- Leonora Linter: Russian-Estonian businessman and activist.
- Amy Madigan: Chicago, Illinois -- Actress (Uncle Buck, Twice in a Lifetime).
- Barry Sheene: British motorcycle champion who sustained terrible injuries in a crash on 7/28/1982. The following year he was back to riding again. He died from throat and stomach cancer in the early afternoon of March 10, 2003 in a Gold Coast (Queensland, Australia) hosptal.
- Beetle Bailey comic strip debuts
- 1st typesetting machine to dispense with metal type exhibited
- Dick Tracy TV show sparks uproar concerning violence.
- 33 die in a train crash in Coshocton, Ohio, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 September 1950 and get them!