Friday 11 September 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1959 ?
- Andre Dubus: American author and outstanding speaker, weaving stories about himself and the creative process into a dialogue that had everyone happily captive and attentive.
- David Laurence Frost: Cape Town, South Africa -- PGA golfer (1988 Southern Open).
- Robert Wrenn: Richmond, Virginia -- Nike golfer (1987 Buick Open).
- Paul Douglas: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Actor (Adventure Theater, Clash by Night).
- Duke Ellington wins Springarn Medal for his musical achievements
- Congress passes a bill authorizing food stamps for poor Americans
- Oriole Jerry Walker pitches 16 inn beating White Sox 1-0
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?