Monday 11 September 1967
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Burgess and Kendra Lee Ruwe in Madison.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Carol Burnett Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1967 ?
- Simon Burgess: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Kendra Lee Ruwe in Madison: Idaho, USA; Miss Idaho-America (1991).
- Tony David: Australian darts player.
- Harry Connick: Jr.
- Maria Bartiromo: American financial journalist and television personality.
- Sung Jae-gi: South Korean activist founded Man of Korea (d. 2013)
- Charles Walker: English politician
- Tadeusz Zylinski: Polish technician and textilist (Born 1904).
- French President De Gaulle visits Poland
- Indian / Chinese border fights
- US Surveyor 5 makes 1st chemical analysis of lunar material
- WSRE TV channel 23 in Pensacola, Florida (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WUNE TV channel 17 in Linville, NC (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WUNF TV channel 33 in Asheville, NC (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WUNG TV channel 58 in Concord, NC (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Franciscan Nights
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?