Wednesday 11 September 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Hey Jude by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Girl, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1968 ?
- Malu Bailo: Brazilian model, strip-tease dancer and porno actress.
- Jeremy Steele: American actor in porn movies as well as a screenwriter.
- Allan Alaküla: Estonian journalist.
- Paul Berges: American director and screenwriter.
- Paul Mayeda Berges: American film writer and director.
- Konstantin Shafranov: Hockey forward (Team Kazkhstan 1998)
- Kay Hanley: American singer of "Letters to Cleo" and "Lady Apples."
- Rene Cogny: French general (Born 1904).
- Air France Flight 1611 crashes off Nice, France, killing 89 passengers and 6 crew.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Aretha Franklin - The House That Jack Built
- Marvin Gaye - You're All I Need To Get By
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?