Saturday 11 September 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mack Strong and Todd Norman.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Go Away Little Girl by Donny Osmond.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Persuaders!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1971 ?
- Mack Strong: NFL fullback (Seattle Seahawks).
- Todd Norman: NFL guard (Seattle Seahawks).
- Johnny Vegas: English comedian.
- Richard Ashcroft: English singer-songwriter (The Verve and RPA & The United Nations of Sound).
- Markos Moulitsas: American soldier blogger and author founded Daily Kos.
- Shelton Quarles: American football player and scout
- 2 by 2 closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 343 performances
- Egypt adopts its constitution
- Laurel Lea Schaefer (Ohio), 22, crowned 44th Miss America 1972
- The Egyptian Constitution becomes official.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?