Saturday 11 September 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty by K.C and the Sunshine Band.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Bugsy Malone, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1976!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1976 ?
- Elephant Man: Jamaican musician.
- Tomáš Enge: Czech race car driver.
- Murali Kartik: Indian cricketer.
- Tomas Enge: Czech racing driver.
- Flora Redoumi: Greek hurdler.
- Jan Kunc: Composer, dies at 93.
- 90th US Womens Tennis: C E L Mills beats E Goolagong Cawley (63 60) Evonne Goolagong loses her 4th straight US Open Final (Evert wins)
- Dorothy Kathleen Benham (Minn), 20, crowned 49th Miss America 1977
- Minnie Minoso bats for White Sox after a 12-year hiatus (hitless)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- Wings - Let 'Em In
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- War - Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 11 September 1976 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?