Thursday 11 September 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antonio Pizzonia and Christophe Le Mével.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chin wong chi wong.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Compu-Spell or Lords of Karma.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1980 ?
- Antonio Pizzonia: Brazilian race car driver.
- Christophe Le Mével: French road racing cyclist.
- Mike Comrie: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Dawit Kebede: Ethiopian journalist and publisher.
- Antônio Pizzonia: Brazilian race car driver.
- Jose Antonio Calcano: Composer, dies at 80.
- Chile adopts its constitution
- Ron LeFlore (91st) and Rodney Scott (58th), set teammate steal record
- Voters approve the present Constitution of Chile.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?