Sunday 11 September 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Blue, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1988 ?
- Mike Moustakas: Baseball Player.
- Lee Yong-dae: South Korean badminton player.
- Lee Yong Dae: South Korean badminton player.
- 1 / 3 of population argues for Estonia autonomy
- 108th US Mens Tennis: Mats Wilander beats Ivan Lendl (64 46 63 57 64)
- Betsy King wins LPGA Cellular One-Ping Golf Championship
- Sports Aid-jogging to feed the world
- The St Jean Bosco massacre takes place in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- In Estonia, 300,000 demonstrate for independence.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- George Michael - Monkey
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?