Thursday 11 September 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jaxon React and Emma Kittiesmama.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Jang-Geum.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amped 2 or Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 11 September 2003 ?
Famous Birthdays:11 September
- John Ritter: American actor and member of a theatrical family.
- Actor John Ritter is stricken by a previously undiagnosed heart problem during the taping of the TV sitcom 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter, dying in hospital at age 54.
- As the United States remembers the deadliest terrorist attack ever on its shores, the United States Department of State warns it is seeing ampquotincreasing indications that al-Qaeda is preparing to strike United States interests abroadampquot and urges citizens overseas to take special caution on the second anniversary of the September 11 attacks amid growing indications that al-Qaeda is planning bigger attacks, ampquotpossibly involving unconventional weapons such as chemical or biological
- Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh dies in the hospital from stab wounds inflicted while she was shopping in a department store in the centre of Stockholm. In the wake of the incident, both the Yes and No Euro campaigns suspended their activities.
- The Security Cabinet of Israel votes in principle to expel President of the Palestinian National Authority Yasser Arafat from the West Bank. According to one source, the cabinet decided to ask the Israeli Defense Force to draw up a plan to expel Arafat. No timeline was specified, and Israeli government sources say that the decision was not to expel him immediately. The U.S. Department of States criticises such a move as ampquotunhelpfulampquot. Thousands of Palestinians travel to the
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology scientists achieve the lowest temperature ever recorded, half a billionth of a Kelvin (0.5 nanokelvin) above absolute zero, in sodium gas. At that speed, atoms move about 12nbspcm/second.
- The 6-10 Office, an arm of the National Security Bureau and Public Security Bureau of the People's Republic of China responsible for the measures against Falun Gong, changes its name to the ampquotLeading Bureau for the Prevention and Procession of Evil Cults.ampquot
- Actor John Ritter dies just shy of his 55th birthday after an unsuccessful surgery for an undisclosed heart condition.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?