Monday 11 September 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People by Dav Pilke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Scuba Bob's Ocean Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A Kiss for the Petals or Athena: Full Throttle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 11 September 2006 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 September
- The 14th Summit of the Non-Aligned Movement begins in Havana, Cuba. (Official Site)
- India celebrates a day of peace: the 100th anniversary of the birth of Mahatma Gandhi's philosophy of peaceful resistance - satyagraha. On September 11, 1906, Gandhi called on his compatriots to use non-violent means to disobey the law, and thousands of Indians were jailed, including Gandhi, for refusing to cooperate and burning their identity booklets. (CTV.ca)
- American President George W. Bush states that the war against terrorism is ampquotthe calling of our generationampquot and urged Americans to put aside differences and fight to victory. (White House - full text)
- Tropical Storm Gordon forms in the open Atlantic Ocean with 45 mph winds and is expected to head towards Bermuda. (Associated Press)
- U.S. New York leaders, along with families and friends of those who died in the September 11, 2001 attacks, remember the 5th anniversary of the attacks with speeches and moments of silence. (Forbes/AP)
- A new video broadcast shows Al-Qaeda deputy leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri, issuing a warning about possible future attacks in Israel and the Persian Gulf. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?