Tuesday 11 September 2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
The Kingdom, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 11 September 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 September
- Bruce Golding is sworn in as Prime Minister of Jamaica following the victory of his Jamaica Labour Party in the parliamentary elections. (Jamaica Gleaner News)
- Chinese and US safety officials sign an agreement banning the export of toys with lead paint to the United States. (Canadian Press via Google)
- Burger King announces that it would limit advertising to children younger than 12 to foods that meet strict nutritional guidelines. (Reuters)
- Disappearance of Madeleine McCann: Portuguese police refer the case to the public prosecutor. (News Limited)
- Doctors say injured National Football League player Kevin Everett has moved his arms and legs and, contrary to earlier predictions, is likely to recover his ability to walk. (AP via WHAM-TV)
- Ethiopia celebrates the start of a new millennium under a modified Julian calendar. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- The World Health Organisation confirms that the Ebola virus has resurfaced in the Democratic Republic of Congo. (NYT)
- Belgian police arrest two leaders of the Vlaams Belang party, Frank Vanhecke and Filip Dewinter, as well as dozens of party supporters during a banned march in Brussels against the ampquotIslamisation of Europeampquot. (BBC)
- Lawyers for former Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif file a petition in the Supreme Court of Pakistan against his deportation to Saudi Arabia. (AP via Fox News)
- Roman Catholic archbishop and critic of Robert Mugabe Pius Ncube resigns as a result of a sex scandal set up by Zimbabwe's intelligence agency. (Times Online)
- Suicide bomber kills 18 in Dera Ismail Khan of Pakistan.
- Sri Lanka's military claims a major victory against Tamil Tiger rebels, saying it has sunk three vessels carrying war equipment. (Reuters)
- Turkish police foil a bomb attack in Ankara. (Reuters)
- OPEC meets to discuss proposals for a minor increase in oil output proposed by Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states. The meeting decided to increase output by 500,000 barrels a day. (CNN)
- Police in the Philippines arrest seven militants suspected of plotting to bomb tourist and shopping locations in the southern Philippines. (AP via IHT)
- The European Union decides the United Kingdom can continue to use imperial measurements for the foreseeable future. (BBC)
- At least 66 Israeli troops are wounded when a Qassam rocket from Gaza Strip hits an Israeli Defence Forces training base in Southern Israel. (Haaretz)
- September 11, 2001 attacks commemoration
- The United States commemorates the sixth anniversary of the attacks with ceremonies in New York City, Washington, DC and Shanksville, PA. (The Telegraph)
- Osama bin Laden releases a video for the anniversary. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?