Thursday 11 September 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Zack and Miri Make a Porno, directed by Kevin Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 11 September 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 September
- Ayman al-Zawahiri, number two leader of al Qaeda, questions Abu Ayyub al-Masri's ability to lead al Qaeda in Iraq, and accuses that organization's umbrella group, the Islamic State of Iraq, of lying to the media about its activities. (CNN)
- Prices for oil fall (CNN Money)
- 2008 unrest in Bolivia:
- Fresh violence in Bolivia stokes civil war fears. (''Times of India'')
- The President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez gives the United States ambassador 72 hours to leave Venezuela in part to show solidarity with the President Evo Morales who recently expelled the U.S. ambassador to Bolivia, accusing the U.S. of supporting protests against Morales. (AP via Google News)
- Morgan Tsvangirai, the leader of the Movement for Democratic Change, claims that a power sharing agreement has been reached with the President of Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe. (BBC News)
- Officials order the evacuation of Galveston Island in the U.S. state of Texas before Hurricane Ike makes landfall later in the week. (''USA Today'')
- President George W. Bush is reported to have authorized United States special forces to conduct operations against insurgents inside Pakistan without seeking approval from the Government of Pakistan. (CNN)
- The Pentagon Memorial in Washington, DC, dedicated to the 184 people who died in the attack on the building on September 11, 2001, is opened to the public. (ABC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?