Friday 12 April 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Romani, the Brigand, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1912 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Sri Sultan Hamengkubuwono IX: Second Vice President of Indonesia (d. 1988).
- Eric Feldary: Budapest, Hungary -- Actor (16 Fathoms Deep).
- Harold Maguire: British air marshal.
- Herbert Mills singer: (Mills Brothers).
- Frank Dilio: Canadian businessman (d. 1997).
- Walt Gorney: American actor (Born 1912)
- Hamengkubuwono IX: Indonesian politician 2nd Vice President of Indonesia (d. 1988)
- Hound Taylor: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1975)
- Hamengkubuwono IX : Indonesian politician, the first Governor of the Special Region of Yogyakarta (1945-1988), the second Vice President of Indonesia (1973-1978) and the ninth Sultan of Yogyakarta (1940-1988) during the rule of Suharto.
- Georges Franju: French documentary film maker. He studied stage design and did sets for the Follies Bergere. Franju collaborated with Henri Langlois on the film "La Metro" (1935) and in founding a film society and a short-lived film magazine.
- Clara Barton: American founder of the Red Cross.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Moonlight Bay - Dolly Connolly
- Everybody's Doing it Now - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?