Thursday 12 April 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1917!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1917 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Helen Forrest: American singer and actress (d. 1999).
- Robert Manzon: French racing driver (d. 2015).
- M Marie Widlow: St. Louis, Missouri -- Softball pitcher (Hall of Fame 1957).
- Domenico Scarlatti and Jean Cocteau's ballet premieres in Rome.
- Bijou Theater opens at 222 W 45th Steet New York City, New York (Demolished in 1982).
- World War I: Canadian forces successfully complete the taking of Vimy Ridge from the Germans.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Put On Your Slippers & Fill Up Your Pipe (You're Not Going Bye-Bye Tonight - Ada Jones
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Reinald Werrenrath
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?