Friday 12 April 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1929 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Elspet Gray: Scottish actress of supporting roles on stage and occasional film.
- Robert Medus: France sport Champion.
- Friedrich Gartner: Germany Actor.
- Elspet Gray [Lady Rix]: Actress (4 Weddings & a Funeral, Solo, Tenko).
- Mel Held: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Baltimore Orioles for one season in 1956.
- Mukhran Machavariani: Georgian poet and educator (d. 2010)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?