Friday 12 April 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elspet Gray [Lady Rix] and Elspet Gray.
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1929 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Elspet Gray [Lady Rix]: Actress (4 Weddings & a Funeral, Solo, Tenko).
- Elspet Gray: Scottish actress of supporting roles on stage and occasional film.
- Mel Held: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Baltimore Orioles for one season in 1956.
- Robert Medus: France sport Champion.
- Friedrich Gartner: Germany Actor.
- Mukhran Machavariani: Georgian poet and educator (d. 2010)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?