Tuesday 12 April 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1932!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1932 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Tiny Tim: American performer and entertainer with a unique presentation of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" in a falsetto voice, a novelty international hit in the late '60s.
- Jean-Pierre Marielle: French actor, who has appeared in more than a hundred films in a large diversity of roles, from the banal citizen (Les Galettes de Pont-Aven), to the serial killer (Sans mobile apparent), to the World War II hero (Les Milles), to the compromised spy (La Valise (fr)), to the has-been actor (Les Grands Ducs).
- Philippe Nozières: French physicist working at Institut Laue-Langevin in Grenoble, France.
- Lakshman Kadirgamar: Sri Lankan lawyer and politician 5th Sri Lankan Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2005).
- Henri Lazarof: Composer.
- Jack Gelber: United States -- Playwright (Connection, Apple)
- Dennis Banks: American Indian activist
- Tiny Tim [Herbert Butros Khaury] in New York City: New York, USA; singer ("Tip Toe Thru' the Tulips With Me").
- Emmanuel Chabriers and Balanchines ballet premieres in Monte Carlo
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?