Wednesday 12 April 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1933 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Monserrat Caballé: Spanish opera singer, a little-known soprano who had been singing mostly in German houses for the prior ten years when she stepped into the American Opera Society's 1965 concert performance of Donizetti's "Lucrezia Borgia" at Carnegie Hall.
- Buddy Turman: American professional heavyweight boxer who fought a total of 62 professional matches and won 45 of them including 32 KOs.
- Montserrat Caballé: Spanish soprano and actress.
- Montserrat Caballe: Spanish soprano.
- Renso Caporali: American aerospace technical engineer and CEO of Grumman, co-building the F-14.
- Adelbert Ames: American general and politician 27th Governor of Mississippi (d. 1933).
- Moffatt Field commissioned
- Exchange of gold scrap for gold coins at the US Mint is no longer allowed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?