Friday 12 April 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Bedlam, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1946 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Peter L de Baan: Dutch actor / director / playwright (Leonce & Lena).
- George Robertson: Scottish politician, a Labour Member of Parliament returned at General election 6/11/1987.
- Ed[ward] O'Neill in Youngstown: Ohio, USA; actor (Michael Mooney - Big Apple, Al Bundy - Married With Children).
- O'Neill : American actor, best known as the terminally dim-witted patriarch, "Al Bundy," on the Fox sitcom, "Married with Children," a show which enjoyed an 11-year run of popularity from 1987-1998.
- Ed O'Neill: American actor.
- Syria gains independence from France
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Sioux City Sue - Bing Crosby & Jesters
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Teddy Walters
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Personality - Bing Crosby (Eddie Condon Orchestra)
- Billy Eckstine - Prisoner of Love
- The Mad Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- You Won't be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 April 1946 and get them!