Sunday 12 April 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Titanic, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1953!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1953 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Huw Edwards: British politician, a Member of Parliament who replaced Sir John Stradling Thomas in the by-election 5/16/1991.
- Maurizio Ferrini: Italian actor and television personality who made his artistic debut in "Quelli della Notte," starring alongside Renzo Arbore and establishing himself as an eccentric comedian.
- Tanino Liberatore: Italian author and illustrator.
- Lionel Logue: speech therapist who worked with King George VI of the United Kingdom (Born 1880).
- KFDX TV channel 3 in Wichita Falls, TX (NBC) begins broadcasting
- 17th Golf Masters Championship: Ben Hogan wins, shooting a 274.
- Keizo Yamada runs fastest marathon to date, at Boston, Massachusetts.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?