Monday 12 April 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Hanson and Jon Krakauer.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lone Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1954 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- David Hanson: American professional ice hockey player who played 33 games in the National Hockey League, and a total of 103 games in the World Hockey Association.
- Jon Krakauer: American journalist and author of several non-fiction accounts such as "Into the Wild," "Into Thin Air," and "Under the Banner of Heaven.
- John Faulkner: Australian educator and politician 52nd Australian Minister for Defence.
- Steve Stevaert: Belgian businessman and politician Governor of Limburg (d. 2015).
- Pat Travers: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Pim [Willem JH] Mulier: Dutch journalist/sports-organizer, dies at age 89.
- Joe Turner releases Shake, Rattle & Roll
- Belgian Van Houtte government resigns.
- 18th Golf Masters Championship: Sam Snead beats Ben Hogan to win his third Masters tournament, shooting a 289.
- 8th NBA Championship: Minneapolis Lakers beat Syracuse Nationals, 4 games to 3.
- Bill Haley and His Comets record "Rock Around the Clock" in New York City. Initially unsuccessful, the recording would help launch the rock and roll revolution a year later.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?