Monday 12 April 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1954 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Jon Krakauer: American journalist and author of several non-fiction accounts such as "Into the Wild," "Into Thin Air," and "Under the Banner of Heaven.
- David Hanson: American professional ice hockey player who played 33 games in the National Hockey League, and a total of 103 games in the World Hockey Association.
- John Faulkner: Australian educator and politician 52nd Australian Minister for Defence.
- Steve Stevaert: Belgian businessman and politician Governor of Limburg (d. 2015).
- Pat Travers: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Pim [Willem JH] Mulier: Dutch journalist/sports-organizer, dies at age 89.
- Joe Turner releases Shake, Rattle & Roll
- Belgian Van Houtte government resigns.
- 18th Golf Masters Championship: Sam Snead beats Ben Hogan to win his third Masters tournament, shooting a 289.
- 8th NBA Championship: Minneapolis Lakers beat Syracuse Nationals, 4 games to 3.
- Bill Haley and His Comets record "Rock Around the Clock" in New York City. Initially unsuccessful, the recording would help launch the rock and roll revolution a year later.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?