Thursday 12 April 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Swan, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1956 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Tama Janowitz: American novelist and writer of magazine articles, a contemporary hip and trendy New York underground figure whose works show the alchemy of a fantastic, post-modern surrealism.
- Doris EHP Baaten: Dutch actress (Sesame Street, Fien).
- Alexander Briley: vocalist (Village People - "YMCA").
- Andy García: Cuban-American actor singer director and producer.
- Herbert Grönemeyer: German musician and actor, popular in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Andy Garcia: Cuban-born actor
- Bandaranaike government forms in Ceylon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?