Wednesday 12 April 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antonia Iacobescu and Yoshi Sudarso.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals.
In UK Eternal Flame by The Bangles was in the top 5 hits.
Say Anything..., directed by Cameron Crowe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jim Henson Hour.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Out Run or Dungeon Explorer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1989!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1989 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Antonia Iacobescu: Pop Singer.
- Yoshi Sudarso: TV Actor.
- Vegetta777 : YouTube Star.
- T Mills: American rapper.
- Miguel Ponce: American-Mexican footballer.
- Dominic Roco: Filipino actor
- Felix Roco: Filipino actor
- Kaitlyn Weaver: Canadian-American ice dancer
- 3rd Soul Train Music Awards: Anita Baker
- Peter Ueberroth deal to purchase Eastern Airlines falls through
- Third Soul Train Music Awards: Anita Baker wins.
- Abbie Hoffman, yippie peace activist of the 1960s, dies at age 52.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?