Sunday 12 August 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1945 ?
- Bernard Accoyer: French politician, a doctor by profession, who was President of the National Assembly of France from 2007 to 2012.
- Giancarlo Cito: Italian politician, the former mayor of Taranto and a Member of Parliament since April 1996.
- Jean Nouvel: French architect who designed the World Arab Institute in Paris (completed in 1987), the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, MN, and the Musée du Quai Branly, both in 2006.
- Fife Symington: American politician, elected Arizona's 19th governor and taking office on 3/06/1991, a two-term Republican and the second Arizona governor in a decade to be forced out of office by scandal.
- André Villeger: French jazz saxophonist (soprano, tenor, baritone).
- Gayan Winter: Czech writer, a teacher, lecturer and author of "When the Heart is Free," 1984. She facilitates workshops and seminars as a guide to the spiritual striving and growth of the aspirant.
- Dorothy Denning: American computer scientist and academic
- Ron Mael: American keyboard player and songwriter (Sparks and Halfnelson)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?