Sunday 12 August 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Place in the Sun, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1951 ?
- Charles E Brady Jr in Pinehurst: North Carolina, USA; US Navy Commander/astronaut.
- Willie Horton: American murderer and rapist.
- Hector Rodriguez: Cuba -- Lightweight judo (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA World Golf Championship
- ''The Catcher in the Rye'' is first published by J.D. Salinger.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya, Huh? - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?