Saturday 12 August 1978
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Travis Fuller and Chris Chambers.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Three Times A Lady by Commodores.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spearhead.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blasto or Phasor Zap.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1978 ?
- Travis Fuller: American military casualty, Marine Lt.
- Chris Chambers: American football player.
- Hayley Wickenheiser: Ice hockey forward (Canada, Olympics - 1998).
- Arron Marshall completes a record shower of 336 hours
- China and Japan sign peace treaty
- ICE is launched
- The Treaty of Peace and Friendship between Japan and the People's Republic of China is signed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Barry Manilow - Copacabana (At The Copa)
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?