Friday 12 August 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Temptation of Christ, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1988!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1988 ?
- Tyson Fury: Boxer.
- Leah Pipes: American actress.
- Julie Ofcharsky: Reality Star.
- Justin Gaston: American singer-songwriter and actor.
- Matt Gillett: Australian rugby player.
- Tejay van Garderen: American cyclist
- Jean-Michel Basquiat: American painter and graffiti artist (Born 1960).
- Movie Last Temptation of Christ is released
- Nelson Mandela is treated for tuberculosis at hospital
- Red Sox beat Tigers 9-4 for AL record 23rd consecutive win at home
- Boston Red Sox set American League consecutive home victories at 23.
- Richard Thornburgh becomes US Attorney General.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- George Michael - Monkey
- Richard Marx - Hold On To The Nights
- Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?