Sunday 12 August 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Superbad, directed by Greg Mottola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 12 August 2007 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 August
- The bulk carrier M/V New Flame collides with the oil tanker Torm Gertrud at the southernmost tip of Gibraltar, ending up partially submerged.
- African Union nations pledge up to 12,000 troops for the joint United Nations-African Union mission to Darfur. (Reuters via CNN)
- A clash between Taliban militants and Afghan security forces in Kandahar province results in nine militants dead with five police dying in a bomb. (AP via the International Herald Tribune)
- Peru issues a map of outlining its claim to maritime territory also claimed by Chile. (Xinhua)
- Heavy rains in Mauritania cause at least two deaths from mudslides and causes thousands of people to become homeless. (Voice of America)
- A gunman kills two people and wounds two others before killing himself on a Dallas, Texas freeway. (AP via CNN)
- Former Governor of Wisconsin Tommy Thompson withdraws as a candidate for the Republican nomination in the United States presidential election, 2008 following his low level of support in the Ames Straw Poll. (Wis Politics)
- Guatemalan authorities find 46 children believed to have been taken from the parents for illegal adoption overseas in Antigua Guatemala. (BBC)
- A gunman kills three people and injures as many as ten others in a church in Neosho, Missouri. (CNN)
- South Africa refuses to set up a refugee camp for the influx of people fleeing Zimbabwe. (AFP via News Limited)
- People claiming to be from Turkey attack the United Nations website forcing some sections to be taken offline. (BBC)
- Nouri al-Maliki, the Prime Minister of Iraq, calls for emergency talks with Iraq's political leaders to try to save his national unity government. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the President of Iran, replaces his Oil Minister Kazem Vaziri-Hamaneh with Gholamhossein Nozari, head of the National Iranian Oil Company acting as his deputy. (Reuters)
- Denmark sends a scientific team to the Arctic to try to establish that the Lomonosov Ridge is an extension of Greenland so it can claim sovereignty over oil reserves. (AP via New Hope Courier
- Fossilised remains of an ancient cypress forest estimated at 8 million years old are discovered in an open cast coal mine in Bükkábrány, Hungary. (BBC)
- Gloria Arroyo, the President of the Philippines, sends the chief of the army Romeo Tolentino to Zamboanga in the southern Philippines to direct operations against militants. (BBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?