Tuesday 12 December 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gulliver's Travels, directed by Dave Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1939 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 December
- Douglas Fairbanks: American actor known as a swashbuckling film hero in the '20s to '40s.
- Russ Indigirka capsizes in blizzard off Japanese coast; 750 die
- HMS Duchess (H64) sinks after a collision with HMS Barham off the coast of Scotland with the loss of 124 men
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Indian Summer - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- The Little Red Fox - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Stop! It's Wonderful - Orrin Tucker & His Orchestra
- Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra - Careless
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?