Tuesday 12 December 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Kim, directed by Victor Saville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1950 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Richard Galliano: French jazz accordionist, who also plays trombone, piano and bandoneón.
- Billy Smith in Ontario: Canada; NHL goaltender (New York Islanders).
- Pedro Ferriz de Con: Mexican radio and TV news anchor.
- Pedro de Con: Mexican journalist.
- Heiner Flassbeck: German economist and academic.
- Gorman Thomas: American baseball player
- Billy Smith: Canadian ice hockey player coach and manager
- Rajinikanth : Indian film actor, media personality, and cultural icon. He made his debut as an actor in the National Film Award-winning Tamil film Apoorva Raagangal (1975), directed by K. Balachander, whom the actor considers his mentor.
- Baseball owners vote to drop 4-year old bonus and high school rule
- 16th Heisman Trophy Award: Vic Janowicz, Ohio State (HB).
- Paula Ackerman, the first woman appointed to perform rabbinical functions in the United States, leads the congregation in her first services.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?