Friday 12 December 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
Angel Face, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1952!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1952 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Heather Fargo: American politician, mayor of Sacramento from November 2000 to November 2008.
- Brenton Broadstock: Australian composer and academic.
- Cathy Rigby McCoy in Los Alamitos: California, USA; gymnast (Olympics-4th-1968, 1972).
- Herb Dhaliwal: Indian-Canadian businessman and politician 3rd Canadian Minister of Natural Resources.
- Sarah Douglas: England, United Kingdom -- Actress (Conan, Superman II, Falcon Crest).
- Helen Dunmore: English poet and author
- Franco Dragone: Italian-Belgian theatre director. He is the founder and the artistic director of Dragone, a company that creates shows and events all around the world. He is also known for his work with Cirque du Soleil and Celine Dion.
- Cathy Rigby: American athlete and actress. Rigby was the first American woman to win a medal in International gymnastics competition. She holds 12 international medals, eight of them are gold. ABC-TV's "Wide World of Sports" named her one of America's Most Influential Women in Sports. She won a Tony nomination in 1991 for her portrayal of "Peter Pan" and the George M. Cohan Award for Best Specialty Act.
- Bedrich Hrozny: Czech orientalist and linguist (Born 1879).
- Dallas Texans (former Boston Yankees) play last game, last original team.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Jimmy Boyd
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 December 1952 and get them!