Thursday 12 December 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tatianna and Chris Walsh.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Hell in the Pacific, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pauls Party.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1968 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Tatianna: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Spanish singer (Baile Commigo, Chicad de Hoy).
- Chris Walsh: NFL wide receiver (Minnesota Vikings).
- Ray Ethridge: wide receiver (Baltimore Ravens).
- Tatianna in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; Spanish singer (Baile Commigo, Chicad de Hoy).
- Kurt Schulz: safety (Buffalo Bills).
- Kate Humble: English television presenter
- Rodolphe Gilbert: French professional tennis player, who won the doubles title at the ATP Guaruja in 1991 partnering countryman Olivier Delaître. The left-handed Gilbert, who won over $1,100,000 in prize money, reached a doubles career high ranking of 50, in early 1996.
- Rory Kennedy: American noted family, the eleventh child of Ethel and Robert Kennedy, born six months after the assassination of her father.
- Sašo Udovič: Slovenian footballer
- Laurie Williams: West Indian cricketer (Born 1968)
- Tallulah Bankhead: American actress on stage and film who was celebrated from the '20s for her electric and throaty performances, as well as a lusty life-style offstage.
- Arthur Ashe becomes 1st black to be ranked #1 in tennis
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?