Monday 12 February 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1917 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Guy Cudell: Belgian politician and author of "The People," 1945.
- Luc Andrieux: French actor and Assistant Director, who died on 26 November 1977.
- Denise Precheur: France Actor.
- Al Cervi: American athlete, a basketball player in the early years of the game and a Hall of Fame Coach under whose guidance the Syracuse Nationals won the NBA championship in 1955.
- Thomas K Scherman New York City: New York, conductor (Little Orchestra Society 1947-75).
- Dom DiMaggio: American baseball player and soldier (d. 2009)
- Raizo Matsuno: Japanese politician (Born 1917)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Paradise Blues - Marion Harris
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 February 1917 and get them!