Monday 12 February 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas K Scherman New York City and Luc Andrieux.
Rosie O'Grady, directed by John H. Collins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1917!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1917 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Thomas K Scherman New York City: New York, conductor (Little Orchestra Society 1947-75).
- Luc Andrieux: French actor and Assistant Director, who died on 26 November 1977.
- Guy Cudell: Belgian politician and author of "The People," 1945.
- Al Cervi: American athlete, a basketball player in the early years of the game and a Hall of Fame Coach under whose guidance the Syracuse Nationals won the NBA championship in 1955.
- Denise Precheur: France Actor.
- Dom DiMaggio: American baseball player and soldier (d. 2009)
- Raizo Matsuno: Japanese politician (Born 1917)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- They're Wearing 'Em Higher in Hawaii - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Paradise Blues - Marion Harris
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?