Sunday 12 February 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stromboli, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1950 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Michael Ironside: Canadian actor director and screenwriter.
- Angelo Branduardi: Italian folk/folk rock singer-songwriter and composer who scored relative success in Italy and European countries such as France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Greece.
- Steve Hackett: Rock guitarist (Genesis-Against All Odds / GTR).
- Gerard Zerbi: French law enforcement officer.
- Sen Joe McCarthy claims to have list of 205 communist government employees
- US Senator Joe McCarthy claims to have list of 205 communist government employees.
- Albert Einstein warns against hydrogen bomb.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - The Cry Of The Wild Goose
- Rag Mop - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?