Sunday 12 February 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Carousel, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1956 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Ad Melkert: Dutch politician.
- Ad P: Melkert; Dutch minister of Social Affairs (1994-).
- Paula Zahn in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; news anchor (ABC, CBS This Morning).
- Brian Robertson: Scottish musician (Thin Lizzy and Motorhead).
- Michel Gomme: French homicide; killed his wife by electrocution 3/03/1986, Mans, France.
- Arsenio Hall: American entertainer, a hip black comic with a stylish wardrobe who began as a late-night TV show host on 3 January 1989. He formerly co-starred with his pal, Eddie Murphy, in "Coming to America," 1988 and "Harlem Nights," 1989.
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Miami Beach Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?