Wednesday 12 February 1969
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
Play Dirty, directed by Andre De Toth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1969 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Hong Myung-Bo: Korean footballer.
- Shauna Lyn: Searles; Miss California-USA (1996).
- Colin Keely in Buffalo: New York, USA; water polo driver (Olympics-1996).
- Meja : Swedish singer-songwriter.
- Anneli Drecker: Norwegian singer (Bel Canto).
- Alemayehu Atomsa: Ethiopian educator and politician (d. 2014)
- Steve Backley: English javelin thrower
- Hong Myung-bo: South Korean footballer and manager
- Brad Werenka: Canadian ice hockey player
- Darren Aronofsky: American film director, screenwriter and film producer. He attended Harvard University, where he studied film and social anthropology, and the American Film Institute to study directing. He won several film awards after completing his senior thesis film, Supermarket Sweep, which went on to become a National Student Academy Award finalist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Doors - Touch Me
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Tyrone Davis - Can I Change My Mind
- The Turtles - You Showed Me
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Booker T. & The MG's - Hang 'Em High
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?