Monday 12 February 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Barnwell and Jesse Spencer.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
In UK Heart Of Glass by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Djavolje sjeme.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 4-Player Bowling Alley or Deep Scan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1979 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Richard Barnwell: English footballer.
- Jesse Spencer: Australian actor, singer and pin-up boy.
- Antonio Chatman: American football player.
- Matt Mauck: American football player and dentist.
- Jean Renoir: French film director and noted family, the son of the artist Pierre Auguste Renoir.
- Kosmos 1076, first Soviet oceanographic satellite, launched.
- Prime Minister Hissène Habré starts the Battle of N'Djamena in an attempt to overthrow Chad's President Félix Malloum.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 February 1979
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Hot Chocolate - Every 1's A Winner
- Chic - Le Freak
- Nicolette Larson - Lotta Love
- Barry Manilow - Somewhere In The Night
- Leif Garrett - I Was Made For Dancin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?