Monday 12 February 1979
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
In UK Heart Of Glass by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1979 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
- Richard Barnwell: English footballer.
- Jesse Spencer: Australian actor, singer and pin-up boy.
- Antonio Chatman: American football player.
- Matt Mauck: American football player and dentist.
- Jean Renoir: French film director and noted family, the son of the artist Pierre Auguste Renoir.
- Kosmos 1076, first Soviet oceanographic satellite, launched.
- Prime Minister Hissène Habré starts the Battle of N'Djamena in an attempt to overthrow Chad's President Félix Malloum.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
- Olivia Newton-John - A Little More Love
- Pointer Sisters - Fire
- Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
- Hot Chocolate - Every 1's A Winner
- Chic - Le Freak
- Nicolette Larson - Lotta Love
- Barry Manilow - Somewhere In The Night
- Leif Garrett - I Was Made For Dancin'
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?