Thursday 12 February 1981
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Celebration by Kool & The Gang.
In UK Shaddup You Face by Joe Dolce Music Theatre was in the top 5 hits.
The Dark Road, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 1981!
Which were the important events of 12 February 1981 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:12 February
- Jean Dixon: Actress (Joy of Livng, You Only Live Once).
- Cape Verde amends its constitution.
- Arbitrator Goetz declares Boston Red Sox catcher Carlton Fisk a free agent.
- Admiral Bobby R Inman, US Navy, becomes deputy director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
- Pete Squires sets record for 1575 steps of Empire State Building, 10 minutes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kool & The Gang - Celebration
- Dolly Parton - 9 To 5
- Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Rod Stewart - Passion
- John Lennon - Woman
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You
- Delbert McClinton - Giving It Up For Your Love
- Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?