Thursday 12 February 2004
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way You Move by OutKast.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / Measure Of A Man by Sam & Mark was in the top 5 hits.
The Girl Next Door, directed by Luke Greenfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chop Cut Rebuild.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Animamundi: Dark Alchemist or Crash 'N' Burn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 12 February 2004 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 February
- The city of San Francisco, California begins issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in response to a directive from Mayor Gavin Newsom.
- Athens gets hit by a major blizzard which blankets the entire city for days, causing widespread havoc.
- Scientists in South Korea announce the cloning of 30 human embryos.
- Riots break out between New South Wales Police and Aboriginal residents of Redfern, New South Wales, a suburb of Sydney, Australia.
- The roof of the Transvaal water park in Moscow collapses, killing 25 and injuring more than 100.
- South Korean scientists announce the world's first successfully cloned human embryo.
- South Korea's parliament on Friday approves sending 3,000 troops to Iraq, responding to a call from the United States for military help in restoring stability to Iraq.
- Part of the source code for Microsoft's Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 products has been leaked to the internet. It is thought that the leak constitutes only a part of the source, and may have originated from Mainsoft. Copies of something purporting to be the Windows source have been reported to be available on various file sharing networks.
- Same-sex marriage in the United States:
- Virginia House of Delegates give preliminary approval to legislation that would ban the recognition of same-sex civil unions and domestic partnerships.
- Controversy erupts in Canada over a segment of Conan O'Brien's NBC television talk show, filmed in Quebec City and shown to a studio audience in Toronto, featuring his character Triumph the Insult Dog making ethnic insults against French-Canadians, including telling them to speak English. The Canadian government condemns the comments. The Government of Ontario, which had paid to sponsor the taping of four episodes of the show in Toronto to promote the city, also distances itself from the
- A major blizzard hits Athens, stranding thousands of drivers in main avenues of the city and forcing the cancellation of hundreds of flights in Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?