Tuesday 12 February 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Duma Key: A Novel by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talking Metal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 8Ball Allstars or Bolt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 12 February 2008 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 February
- Oscar Brodney: American lawyer and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- In Los Angeles and New York, film and television writers vote to lift their 100-day-old strike against major studios and return to work. Writers Guild of America members voted 92.5 percent in favor of ending the strike, with a new three-year contract approved in principle.
- In the USA, General Motors reports a fiscal 2007 year loss of US$39 billion.
- Illinois Senator Barack Obama wins the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia Democratic primaries. Obama now leads Sen. Hillary Clinton in the delegate count for the first time since early in the campaign. ''2006''/02/12/us/politics/12cnd-campaign.html (''The New York Times'')
- The U.S. Senate votes to grant immunity to telecommunications companies for their role in NSA call database. (''The New York Times'')
- Chilean opera singer Ernesto ampquotTitoampquot Beltran is sentenced to two years in jail by a Swedish court for rape during a concert tour in 1999. (BBC News)
- Russia and Ukraine resolve a dispute over Ukraine's natural gas debt which saw Gazprom threatening to cut off supplies. (AFP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?