Friday 12 February 2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Shutter Island, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Dear John by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 February 2010!
Which were the important events of 12 February 2010 ?
- United States - Lincoln's Birthday (traditionally).
- Saint Alexis of Moscow
- Saint Benedict of Aniane
- Red Hand Day
- Darwin Day.
- National Freedom to Marry Day (unofficial).
- Georgia Day in the U.S. state of Georgia.
- Saint Damian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:12 February
- Nodar Kumaritashvili: Georgian luger (Born 1988).
- Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has repeatedly called on the DPRK to re-engage in the Six-Party Talks that also involve the Republic of Korea, Japan, China, Russia and the United States. (UN)
- Police in Mtwapa arrest five men accused of being homosexuals, two of whom had wedding rings and were attempting to marry in a first for Kenya. (''Daily Nation'')
- Thousands of people flee Mogadishu after 24 people are killed and 40 people are wounded in two days. (CBC)
- Russian security forces kill at least 20 people in Ingushetia. (''The Scotsman'')
- Togo appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport over their ban from the next two Africa Cup of Nations in the aftermath of the Togo national football team attack. (''The Guardian'')
- Mexican President Felipe Calderón's visit to a community centre in Ciudad Juárez where 13 teenagers and two adults were shot dead at a school party on 31 January is disrupted by murders, riot police and dozens of protesters. (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
- A shooting at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, United States, leaves at least three persons dead. (CNN)
- 2010 Winter Olympics:
- Nodar Kumaritashvili is remembered by the participants in the opening ceremony. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States successfully shoots down a launching ballistic missile using the Boeing YAL-1, a military Boeing 747-400F aircraft mounted with a chemical oxygen iodine laser weapon. (Reuters)
- Thailand deports the five-man crew detained in the country since December after transporting weapons from North Korea. (Thai News Agency)
- Campaigning for Iraq's parliamentary election begins. (Press TV)
- Indonesia's former anti-corruption chief Antasari Azhar is sentenced to 18 years for the murder of a businessman. (CNN)
- Burma's leader General Than Shwe says the general elections will be held ampquotsoonampquot. (Press Trust of India)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?