Tuesday 12 January 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Alice in Wonderland, directed by W.W. Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1915 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Alain Borne: French poet.
- Joseph Roy: George Ralston pilot.
- Frank Annunzio (Representative-Democrat-Illinois: 1965-).
- Martin Agronsky journalist (1952 Peabody: 1961 DuPont-Columbia).
- Ernest Armstrong: Miner / politician.
- Erich Bärenfänger: German military, an officer in the German Army during WWII. For his miltary successes including against the Soviet Union and European campaigns, he was given many awards. On May 2, 1945, he and his young wife committed suicide in Berlin.
- Joseph-Aurele Plourde: Catholic archbishop of Ottawa
- Paul Jarrico: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1997)
- Joseph-Aurèle Plourde: Canadian archbishop and academic (d. 2013)
- Erich Barenfanger: Germany Military man
- House of Representatives rejects proposal to give women the right to vote.
- The Rocky Mountain National Park is formed by an act of U.S. Congress.
- The United States House of Representatives rejects a proposal to give women the right to vote.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 12 January 1915 and get them!